1. Write. Just write about anything. Write in your journal. Write in your novel. Write a silly or serious poem. Write about how hilarious your cat is. Write a short story about a schizophrenic man named Tumult. I don’t know. Get creative!
2. Read. Read something you can’t put down. For the love of all things pure and holy, quit trying to impress everyone with War and Peace. We all know that you don’t have a clue what that’s talking about. Grab something off your shelf that will not make you smart at all. Delve into something that keeps you on the edge of your seat.
3. Play with your animals. It’s calming and releases endorphins, I bet. They will be so happy that you took the time to throw that rotted stick across the yard. Wait, you don’t have a pet? Get one!
4. Take a look at your New Year’s resolutions again, or update your list of goals. Hm? What’s that? Resolutions not going so well? You gained fifteen pounds? Okay, let’s skip down to number five.
5. Say something positive. There are too many Negative Nellies around here. I want more Positive Pennies. (Is that a thing?) Be as bright as the sunshine this weekend, and who knows, you might actually enjoy yourself.