I'd hate to see your email provider keep us apart—and they will unless you do this one thing to stop it! The best way to ensure that my emails don't end up in junk or anywhere other than your inbox is to whitelist my email address.
A white list is a list of e-mail addresses or domain names that you tell your e-mail-blocking program to allow you to receive.
I know you don't want to miss out on any of the information about writing and marketing your book that I'll be sending your way, so let's just take this small but important step to stay friends now.
To Ensure You Are Receiving Your Emails, Do the Following:
Add email@example.com to your email white list to ensure the best chance of receiving my content and updates.
Here are the step-by-step instructions for whitelisting my emails on pretty much every email platform out there. (If you're more visual, check out Aweber's email whitelisting instructions with screenshots.)
1. Click Contacts in the right toolbar.
2. Click Add Contact.
3. Enter firstname.lastname@example.org and additional information if you wish.
4. Click Add Contact button in the popup to finish.
1. Click Preferences from the menu.
2. Click Restrict Incoming Email.
3. Click Yes to Enable Email Controls.
4. Click Allow email from addresses listed below.
5. Enter email@example.com.
6. Click Add.
7. Click Update to finish.
1. Open an email from the sender that you want to whitelist.
2. Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to “reply.”
3. Click Add firstname.lastname@example.org to contacts list to finish.
1. Click email@example.com in the header of the message you’re viewing.
2. Click Add to finish.
1. With one of my emails open, click Add to contacts next to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. On the Add Contact popup, add additional information if needed.
3. Click Save to finish.
Microsoft Outlook 2003
1. With one of my emails to you open, right-click Click here to download images in the gray bar at the top of the message.
2. Click Add Sender to Senders Safe List to finish.
1. Right-click on the email you received from me (in the list of emails).
2. Click Junk E-mail.
3. Click Add Sender to Safe Senders List to finish.
1. Click the Home tab.
2. Click Junk.
3. Click Junk E-mail Options.
4. Click Safe Senders.
5. Click Add.
6. Enter email@example.com and additional information if you wish.
7. Click OK to finish.
1. Click Address Book.
2. Click File.
3. Click New Card.
4. Enter firstname.lastname@example.org and additional information if you wish.
5. Click Edit to finish.
Mozilla Thunderbird for PC
2. Make sure Personal Address Book is highlighted.
3. Click New Card. This will launch a New Card window that has 3 tabs: Contact, Address & Other.
4. Under Contact, enter email@example.com and additional information if you wish.
5. Click OK to finish.
Mozilla Thunderbird for Mac
5. Click OK to finish
iOS Devices – iPad, iPhone, iPod. With one of my messages open in the default email app, tap the email address at the top of the open email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and add to either a new contact or an existing contact.
Android Devices – Samsung, Google Nexus, others
1. In the default email client, touch the picture of the sender.
2. Click OK to add to contact